Classes on renewable energy sources at the Białystok University of Technology
On 15, 22 and 29 September 2022, fourth grade students in the profession of a construction technician at the Technical School Complex in Suwałki participated in a series of classes on renewable energy sources, which were conducted at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences of the Białystok University of Technology.
The agenda of the meeting covered the following issues:
- Construction and operation of flat plate solar collectors.
- Investigation of wind turbine characteristics as a function of wind speed.
- Investigation of wind turbine characteristics for various angles of wind turbine blade inclination.
- Energy efficiency of heat pumps with water-water exchangers.
- Heat pump efficiency as a function of the temperature of the upper heat source.
- Determining the characteristic parameters of photovoltaic solar panels.
- Solar panel performance test in series / parallel connection.
- Testing the efficiency of a liquid solar collector.
- Determination of the characteristics of a liquid solar collector.
During the visit to the Białystok University of Technology, students had the opportunity to get to know the offer of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences in practice, which undoubtedly helped to define further professional and educational plans.
The action was organized as part of the “Mechnix” project implemented by Perfect Project in partnership with the City of Suwałki and the Technical School Complex in Suwałki as part of the Regional Operational Program of the Podlaskie Voivodeship for 2014-2020.